The Horsemanship for Heroes program at Windrush helps veterans with challenges including:
- Head & Spinal Cord Injuries
- Amputation (both upper and lower limb)
- Auditory & Visual Impairments)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Normalized muscle tone
- Increased range of motion
- Builds confidence and self-esteem
- Develops strength, coordination and fine/gross motor skills
- Instills patience and emotional control
- increases concentration and self awareness
In addition to therapeutic riding, there are un-mounted activities and volunteer opportunities working with the horses that are also available to veterans.
We are also serving families of veterans and active duty personnel at a special military rate ($45 an hour per person per lesson).
Please visit our calendar for dates we are closed.
Want to learn more? Email Jenna Turcotte or call 978-682-7855.